It is recommended you move with WASD, melee with H, fire spells with YUIOP, mouse controls for everything else. Mouse controls for spells are fairly suboptimal at the moment.
Additionally, 1 to 9 for inventory slots 1 through 9.
Right click is needed to drop items, however.
I hope sincerely to go back to a biweekly release schedule.
- Enemies now do not regen health a bit after hit. This makes enemy packs a lot less annoying. [Credit for idea goes to serprex]
- Floating point strictness flags turned out to help a lot with the remaining syncing issues.
- Saving the game is much more streamlined -- now you simply need to exit (via shift+escape) and the game will automatically save. Reload the game and hit Continue (or enter), and your game is loaded. I feel comfortable having this the default now since I haven't run into any save-file bugs in a good amount of time.
- Victory screen added, you can win the game now !
- Scoreboard added, with stats for your previous characters, whether you won, etc. Navigate it with arrow keys/pageup&down if you have a lot of entries.
- Made it easier to distinguish walls and floor in the brick&hive tileset
- A lot more code was brought to the lua side, including the menu implementation. The scripting is becoming quite mature, and the game much more engine-like. Documentation to come !
- Unit tests moved fully to use UnitTest++
- Network debug mode was fixed, logging was made more verbose. Diff'ing logs proved to be very effective rooting out syncing issues.
- Game pausing and the steps_per_draw setting work again.
- Minor balancing to spells
- Added key display overlay for spells, and FPS counter in corner
- Moved the wide-open and difficult floor 4 layout to floor 7
- More options for hosting games, and the server's options now override client options (whereas before they could be weirdly out of sync)
I do not yet provide linux packages, please do kick me if they'd be useful for you.
git clone http://github.com/ludamad/lanarts --depth 1
If you are missing dependencies on Linux (probably the case) please run either fedora-deps.sh for Fedora, or debian-deps.sh for Debian or Ubuntu.
Please direct any bugs and inqueries either as a github issue, a comment on this blog, a post on the #lanarts freenode channel, or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback very welcome !
Post a Comment