Source-code for this release: Source
This one was pretty delayed. It's about time I released a version with some of the large recent changes.
READ BEFORE PLAYING:
The game does not provide much instruction (the README is woefully outdated), but your mission currently is to clear the dungeon that has warning skulls near it. You begin near the first of two dungeons.
It is recommended you move with WASD, melee with H, fire spells with YUIOP, mouse controls for everything else. Mouse controls for spells are fairly suboptimal at the moment.
Additionally, 1 to 9 for inventory slots 1 through 9.
Right click is needed to drop items, however.
Screenshots and Changes
- There is now an overworld with multiple dungeons!
- As a result, almost all the areas in the game have been majorly revamped. The red dragon is now on the overworld, a different boss resides in the first dungeon.
- There is now a new logo, courtesy of Kevin Siapno.
- Two new spells - Minor Missile, a mana-conserving Mage spell, and Expedite, an archer spell that causes them to move much faster for a short time.
- Poison Cloud has been moved from the Mage to the Archer.
- Magic Blast is now a 3rd-level Mage spell.
- Minimap is much more visible. You can click to adjust zoom level, right click to look around.
- [Code-only] The Lua code has been refactored to be much more modular, and has grown significantly. The area generation code has been rewritten (and improved, in the process) in Lua.
Special thanks to Matt Simon, Steven Trumble, putterson, and the 2013 Toronto Red Hat interns, for their help testing the game. Thanks as well to Kevin Siapno for the original logo.
Downloads and Discussion
Compiling on Linux is very easy!
Download the source here: Source
-or- if you want the very latest updates:
git clone http://github.com/ludamad/lanarts --depth 1
Then from the folder you extracted or cloned to:
This will build and then run the game. If you are missing dependencies on Linux (probably the case) please run either fedora-deps.sh for Fedora, or debian-deps.sh for Debian or Ubuntu.
I do not yet provide linux packages, please do kick me if they'd be useful for you.
The game has been written to be very cross-platform; however it has not yet been tried on Mac or other systems. Anyone willing to help try Lanarts on a different platform is asked graciously to email email@example.com.
Please direct any bugs, comments, or inquiries either as a github issue, a comment on this blog, or through IRC or email:
IRC Channel: #lanarts at freenode
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback very welcome !