A screenshot featuring recently added animals & tileset.
Added sprites are from Dungeon Crawl.
Daily development on lanarts continues.
Windows binary snapshot: download
- Playing with getting the balance back in order. The recent stat overhaul has mixed things up a bit considerably. Before enemies use to scale as you got further with a simple formula, that has been taken out, in favour of static enemy difficulties. This has caused a lot of rethinking of content.
- As a result, a weaker batch of enemies were added to the beginning, the animals (sheep, rat, hound).
- Quite a bit of code-base refactoring. I hope to soon have AI controlled allies, and generally, monsters that fight each other. The code paths for the players and enemies was considerably merged.
- Certain monsters now leave blood puddles.
- Projectile weapons have been added. These include bows with two kinds of arrows, and stones.
- Small user interface usability niceness:
- Right click around the minimap to see previously explored areas.
- Right click items to drag them onto other inventory slots. Drag onto same slot to drop.
- Left click on action bar to select current action.
- Right click on weapon/projectile in action bar to de-equip it.
- Random level generation mark-up format has been expanded. For a variety of things, an ability to specify a number of random variations was added. The levels are hopefully more varied now.
- For now, permanent death was made not the default. You now spawn on the level right below.